All students are part of the Ranford Primary team – working and playing together and from time to time, representing the school. Part of this is the identification of students as belonging to Ranford Primary and wearing the school uniform with pride.
At Ranford Primary there is an established a dress code for all students Kindergarten to Year 6. This has been developed in partnership with parents and designed to cater for all ages. A school dress code:
- fosters and enhances the public image of the school
- assists in building school and team spirit
- ensures students are safely dressed for specific school activities
- encourages equity by removing competitive “fashion” items among students; and
- prepares students for school and work, as dress and safety codes are a requirement.
- The uniforms include a range of items. These are available from Uniform Concepts in Willetton
- Opening Hours
Monday to Wednesday 9am to 5pm
Thursday 9am to 6pm
Friday 9am to 5pm
Saturday 9am to 1pm
- Uniform Concepts - Ranford Primary Price List
- Good condition second hand uniforms are available through the P&C Facebook site.
- Students in Year 6 may wear a special Seniors top. This item is part of the school uniform and worn with school uniform base clothing. (Available from Uniform Concepts)
- Appropriate enclosed footwear must be worn. Students are expected to take part in regular physical activity so joggers and trainers are the most appropriate footwear.
- Faction shirts are encouraged on days when physical education and sport occurs.
- Students are encouraged to wear reversible bucket hats in line with the school uniform and Sunsmart policy – “No hat, no play.” Hats are available from the school uniform shop in Faction colours.
- As an alternative to uniform track pants, it is acceptable for students to wear neat navy blue pants provided there is no large maker’s Logo visible.
- Hair needs to be neat and tidy. Hair that is past collar length needs to be tied up for health and safety reasons.
- A watch and either studs or sleepers can be worn. Other items of jewellery may not to be worn for safety reasons.
- Nail polish, make up, hair pieces and tattoos are not to be worn.
- Students may be granted an exemption from the dress code requirements on religious or health grounds, or at the Principal’s discretion. Exemptions must be applied for through the office.
If a student does not meet the requirements of the Ranford dress code these steps will be followed:
- The class teacher will explain to the student the need to be in uniform.
- If the student is still out of uniform the class teacher will again remind them of the school dress code requirements and communicate this to parents.
- If the student is still out of uniform a copy of the dress code requirements and uniform information will be sent home to the family.
- Problems regarding non-compliance, or requests for exemptions from the dress code will be referred to the principal.
- Students representing the school in various sporting and team events will be required to wear a school uniform.