At Ranford Primary we have established a dress code for all students (PP to Year 6) attending the school. A school dress code:
- fosters and enhances the public image of the school
- assists in building school and team spirit
- ensures students are safely dressed for specific school activities
- encourages equity by removing competitive “fashion” items among students; and
- prepares students for school and work, as dress and safety codes are a requirement.
Guidelines and Major Strategies
- Uniforms will include a range of items. These are available from Uniform Concepts in Willetton (see the Uniform tab in the Parent section of our website for further information.)
- Students will be able to wear neat navy blue pants provided there is no large maker’s Logo visible.
- Students will be encouraged to wear white socks, sport socks or socks in school colours e.g. navy
- Appropriate footwear must be worn. Students are expected to take part in regular physical activity so joggers and trainers are the most appropriate footwear.
- Faction shirts will be encouraged for physical education and sports carnivals.
- Students will be encouraged to wear wide brimmed hats or legionnaires style hats in line with school Sunsmart policy. These are available from the school uniform shop.
- Hair needs to be neat and tidy. Hair that is past collar length needs to be tied up for health and safety reasons.
- A watch and either studs or sleepers can be worn. Other items of jewellery may not to be worn for safety reasons.
- Nail polish, make up, hair pieces and tattoos are not to be worn.
- Students may be granted an exemption from the dress code requirements on religious or health grounds, or at the Principal’s discretion. Exemptions must be applied for through the office.
If a student does not meet the requirements of the Ranford dress code these steps will be followed:
- The class teacher will explain to the student the need to be in uniform.
- If the student is still out of uniform the class teacher will again remind them of the school dress code requirements and communicate this to parents via the Communication Diary.
- If the student is still out of uniform a copy of the dress code requirements and a uniform order form will be sent home to the family. Part of this will include an acknowledgement of receipt of the information.
- Problems regarding non-compliance, or requests for exemptions from the dress code will be referred to the principal.
- Students who do not comply with the dress code of Ranford Primary School may find that they will be excluded from representative sporting events and extra curricula activities.
All students are part of the Ranford team and work together to achieve common goals. Part of this is the identification of students as belonging to Ranford Primary School through the wearing of the school uniform.